PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how Encorp Berhad uses your Personal Data. For purposes of this Notice, “Encorp” means Encorp Berhad and its subsidiaries, associated companies and jointly controlled entities.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail. Encorp shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Encorp website (“Website”) at the following link: www.encorp.com.my. By continuing to communicate with Encorp or by continuing to use Encorp’s services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
Collection of Personal Data
- “Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, salutation, identification card number or passport number, gender, contact numbers, fax number, correspondence address, email address, date of birth, race, nationality, marital status, name of company, your designation, your company details, age, income, property details, loan details, introducer’s details, lifestyle data and any information about you which you have provided to Encorp in registration or purchase forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by Encorp from time to time. Where you are a customer, Encorp may also collect sensitive personal data such as data relating to your health and religious or other similar beliefs, and you hereby expressly consent to the use of such sensitive personal data, and sensitive personal data will form part of the definition of “Personal Data”.
- The provision of your Personal Data is mandatory when you intend to purchase a property from Encorp. If you do not provide Encorp with your Personal Data, Encorp may not be able to provide you certain services, process your purchase application, enter into relevant contracts with you and will therefore result in you being unable to purchase the property you are interested in.
- The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary when you register your interest in any Encorp projects or properties or in any products or services offered by companies under Encorp, and when you provide feedback or enquiry using the Website or via social media platforms. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data, you will not be able to (i) receive any news or updates on new products, services or promotions offered by Encorp including news and updates on new projects and property developments by Encorp; (ii) receive invitations to new property launches; or (iii) receive any news about latest events, exhibitions or roadshows organised or participated by Encorp.
Purposes of Processing
- Encorp may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the business and activities
of Encorp which shall include, without limitation:-
(a) Where you have purchased or leased a property from Encorp:-
▪ to process your purchase or lease application, including for purposes of preparing the legal documentation relating to the property you have purchased;
▪ for purposes of billing and payments relating to the property you have purchased or rented;
▪ to send notices and communicate with you, including to update you on the progress of the construction of the property you have purchased; (b) to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
(c) for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, sales reporting, market
surveys and to improve our services; (d) to verify and record your Personal Data; (e) to communicate with you; (f) for Encorp to comply with its obligations under law whether within or outside Malaysia;
and you agree and consent to Encorp using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified above and in this Notice.
Marketing and promotional purposes
- Unless you have indicated otherwise, Encorp may also use and process your data for other purposes such as to send you updates, invitations and news on Encorp’s and our business partners’ latest products, services and promotions, including the latest projects and property developments of Encorp and our business partners and to inform you about events, exhibitions or roadshows which may be of interest to you, as well as festive greetings by way of post, telephone calls, short messaging service (SMS) and/or by email.
- If you do not consent to Encorp processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed in Section 6 please notify Encorp using the contact details stated in Section 10 below or click the unsubscribe function provided in the marketing and promotional material sent to you.
Disclosure to Third Parties
- Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the purposes of processing your property purchase or lease application. Further, Encorp may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on Encorp’s behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. Such third parties include (without limitation):-
(a) Where you have purchased a property from Encorp: to local authorities, such as the Land Office,
local councils and utility companies; (b) Insurance and valuation companies; (c) Financial institutions; (d) third parties to whom the Encorp outsources certain of its internal functions, such as its information
technology vendors, social media management consultants, marketing agencies; (e) Encorp’s professional advisors and external auditors, including our legal advisors, financial
advisors, real estate agents and third party property managers; (f) Suppliers; (g) other related entities, business units and/or subsidiaries of Encorp; and (h) Regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government
requirements within and outside Malaysia.
- Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a
subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries, Limiting the Processing of Personal Data
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data in relation to Section 6 above and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:-
PDPA Administrator 45-G, Jalan PJU 5/21, Encorp Strand, Pusat Perdagangan Kota Damansara, Kota Damansara PJU 5, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. E-mail: email@example.com Telephone number: + (603) 6286 7777
Fax number: + (603) 6286 7799
- For data access and data correction requests, you must make the request in writing, detailing the personal data you are requesting. We may charge a fee of RM10 for data access requests, with a copy, and RM2 without a copy.
- In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, Encorp has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Personal Information from Minors and Third Parties
- Encorp does not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor under your care to submit Personal Data to Encorp. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to Encorp, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.
- In some circumstances you may have provided personal data relating to other individuals (such as your introducer, your spouse, family members, colleagues or friends) and in such circumstances you represent and warrant that you are authorised to provide their personal data to Encorp and you have obtained such individuals’ consent for their personal data be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Notice and they have been alerted to the contents of this Notice.
Acknowledgement and Consent
- You warrant that any Personal Data you have provided to Encorp is accurate, complete, and not misleading and that you shall keep Encorp informed of any changes in your Personal Data in order for Encorp to process your personal data in accordance with the Purposes stated in this Notice.